The Brickworks Museum
at Bursledon

Vintage Pictures of The Brickworks

Click a picture to see a larger view. Return to previous page

 

Vintage picture of Bursledon Brickworks

Image © BBIM 2016

Bursledon Brickowrks outing - circa 1910

 

Vintage picture of Bursledon Brickworks

Image © BBIM 2016

Bursledon Brickworks from the air. The M27 between Junctions 8 and 12 was opened in March 1976, so this picture must have been taken before about 1973.

 

Vintage picture of Bursledon Brickworks

Image © BBIM 2016

The very same steam engine you can see today, in 1912

 

Vintage picture of Bursledon Brickworks

Image © BBIM 2016

Finished bricks awaiting dispatch

 

Vintage picture of Bursledon Brickworks

Image © BBIM 2016

The football team, circa 1930

 

Vintage picture of Bursledon Brickworks

Image © BBIM 2016

A group of workers at Bursledon Brickworks, in the 1920s. Left to Right: Tom Kite, Charles Richards, Sammy Stares, George Hoare & George Read. George Hoare was the founder of G.W Hoare & Sones, Builders.

 

Vintage picture of Bursledon Brickworks

Image © BBIM 2016

Horse drawn was the only way, in the early days. Note the kilns in the background.

 

Vintage picture of Bursledon Brickworks

Image © BBIM 2016

Loading finished bricks into railway waggons

 

Vintage picture of Bursledon Brickworks

Image © BBIM 2016

The River Hamble ropeway terminal